Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the good causes lottery under the Gosport Community Lottery. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within the Borough of Gosport, which are of benefit to the residents of Gosport
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules (a copy to be emailed to Gosport Voluntary Action for review)
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Be open and inclusive
- Have a safeguarding policy if working with children, young people or vulnerable adults (a copy to be emailed to Gosport Voluntary Action for review. Templates and support available from Gosport Voluntary Action)
And be either:
- A constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least three times per year – we may require evidence of this)
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report
We will not permit applications from:
- Groups promoting a particular religious or political belief or activity, or a campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within Gosport
- Organisations that do not work within the boundaries of the Borough of Gosport
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
We reserves the right to reject any application for any reason.
We reserve the right to not accept or cease to license any organisation with a minimum of 7 days’ notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected, cessation will be immediate.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Gosport Community Lottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 40p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Gosport Community Lottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials. Provided digitally in a range of formats.